Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Paint session (F-101, XP-79, Me-163)

The procedure having gone well enough on Tuesday, I decided to clear out the paint queue backlog this evening.

Most of the activity (3 models) was applying a matte or semi-matte top sealer coat. It went well enough on the Hurricane and Eurofighter, and they will be debuting as finished models shortly. The AModel Starship continues to be the problem child, and broke off its nosewheel while in the painting process. After repairs, it too will get its completion photos taken.

Other than that, I painted the nosecone of the F-101 Black. Next comes some masking of that and the wheel wells. Then I’ll proceed with the ADC Gray coat.

Finally, two cockpits painted: Me-163 and XP-79. Some detail painting needs to be done in both, but at least they’ve cleared that hurdle. Me-163s don’t take long to build, so that one should be featured in near term installments of the blog.

The photo below does not include the three models that are ready for completion photos; just the others.

On the subject of the spinal injection, I must say that it is never pleasant for someone to stick a wide-diameter needle into your spine. Most of the process was merely painful, but the last poke was on the nerve that has been giving me the most problems. Imagine if you had just broken your arm, were in screaming pain, and someone came up with: “I’d like to stick a needle in there please”. They’re lucky they didn’t have to peel me off the ceiling. I don’t think this was the magic bullet for my situation, but I will need to wait about a week, when the steroids will have done whatever they are going to do. Isn’t the aging process fun? 


No comments:

Post a Comment