Total Pageviews

Monday, October 2, 2017

Decals (Eurofighter, Starship)

Most of the workbench activity for the last couple of days has been related to decals: the long, slow journey to get the Beech Starship finished, and the much quicker job of getting the RAF 11 Squadron Eurofighter marked up.

The Starship required a bit more effort before it was ready for its topcoat. The front wheel broke off more times that I care to remember (until I finally just set it aside until all the handling is complete). Same with the two small antennae on either side of the nose.

The Eurofighter got the Medium Grey fin details and radome taken care of. I’m still in the process of working the decals. One side is complete, and I’ll try to get some time in to finish the other half tomorrow.

Everything else is just leading up to the next painting session. That likely won’t happen until later this week, since I have to make another run to get the spinal injections done tomorrow morning. Last time they didn’t like some of the bloodwork numbers and cancelled. If they do this to me again, we will have what was known during the cold war as a “full and frank exchange of views”. I’m getting quite frustrated by this whole process. My back is only getting worse, and I need to see some progress in this case. If this is all just leading up to spinal surgery, let’s get it done and stop farting around!

As three models will be moving into the completed column this week, I’ll be introducing some new ones the start of the construction queue. A civil French Me-163, a Japanese Komet, and the brand new Sova Northrop Firebird drone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment