Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Academy Republic P-47 (2 of 3)


Well, now that we have gotten the P-47 botch out of the way, on to more competent results. This is the second of three P-47s that have been completed in January 2013. It is “Whoooooooo” (not a Ric Flair reference I should point out), which was piloted by James Hopkins of the 405th FG, based in Europe in 1945. The one problem is that this plane requires a Curtiss Symmetric prop, which is not provided in the Academy kit. So I’ve put a Hamilton Standard prop on in the meantime, until I can either dig up the proper prop from the spares box (I believe the Tamiya kit had one) or pick up a Quickboost QB005 resin prop next time I make an order from Sprue Bros or Hannants.

All the stripes are paint, not decals. Since decals tend to be somewhat translucent, this works out best as far as I am concerned. Though I did break the dorsal antenna off more than once, at least I kept my fingers out of the decals. Speaking of decals, this set came from EagleCals 72106.

This is completed model #421 (#2 for the year), finished in January of 2013. 



No comments:

Post a Comment