Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving - and Pugapalooza

First of all, I'd like to wish all of you a very happy Thanksgiving Day. Here it is a day of gorging and watching NFL football - two things I tend to be good at.

In other non-modelling news, I’ve made no secret that the 72 Land realm is a dog’s world. My wife and I have been rescuing pugs for nearly 15 years now (though we did stop being the breed reps for SPDR a few years back). My son is a trainer by profession. It seems that modelling is more publicly represented by the cat world (Mike McEvoy et al), but I know by the responses to dog-related entries that there is a significant dog constituency out there.

So here is a site you can go to when you have a free moment. My daughter Shannon operates a Pinterest board called Pugapalooza. It’s all pugs, all the time. Fat pugs, skinny pugs (there are a few), old pugs, pug puppies, pugs in hats, and more pug fart jokes than you can shake a stick at if that’s your idea of a good time. The site seems rather popular as well; it has already attracted over 1150 followers. Pinterest boards, for the uninitiated, are basically places to repost photos with captions. A simple concept, and if the subject interests you, well worth some time to graze through the pictures. Maybe I should start one for completed 1:72 aircraft models.

Here is the link:

No comments:

Post a Comment