Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Coming up: IPMS Seattle Spring Show

I do want to put in an unsolicited plug for anyone within driving distance of Seattle who has this Saturday free. It is time for the annual IPMS-Seattle Spring Show. Historically, we are the biggest show north of San Francisco and west of Chicago. We usually pull about 600-700 models into the Renton Community Center and the quality of work is impressive.

I’m already charging my camera batteries, since I try to snap a photo of at least every 1:72 aircraft model in the show. I’ll feature my personal favorites in an upcoming blog entry, and then put in a link to the Photobucket account where the main block of pictures will reside. If you’re looking for other scales or non-aircraft, keep an eye on the IPMS-Seattle site; they usually publish a good selection of shots from the show.

The date is Saturday, 4-7-2012. You can get more details from the website http://www.ipms-seattle.org/. I’ll be wearing my pin from the forum site 72nd Scale Aircraft.

2 comments:

  1. Hope to see you there. Decided to make my monthly trip to Seattle at the appropriate time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim: That's great! It's usually a good show. The weather looks like "good modelling weather" this time. We've had both snow and 70+ degrees on the week of the show, neither of which is good for attendance!

    ReplyDelete