Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Hasegawa PBJ1

I need to get caught up on some of the models that have been finished over the last few weeks. First up is the Hasegawa B-25. I decided on the PBJ1 version used by the USMC, with the advantage of being painted an overall Gloss Sea Blue. The model went together as well as any other contemporary Hasegawa kit, and there was even an interior to work with, something that has not always been the case with this manufacturer. I used Xtracolor for the exterior paintwork. Paint masks by Eduard, but no photoetch.

The only odd engineering choice I noticed was all those tiny little bumps (each molded separately) on the two engine nacelles. I’m assuming that one of the variants that Hasegawa is making doesn’t have those particular bumps, though I’m no B-25 expert. Otherwise it wouldn’t make a lot of sense.

This is completed model #343, finished in February of 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment